It is obvious that rural areas are being excluded from economical, cultural and social development in the world because of the ongoing urbanization processes. Specifically in Armenia, Italy, Portugal, Georgia, Ukraine and also Denmark youngsters or do not want to live in rural areas and fleeing to big cities or they stay in the villages and usually are lacking opportunities for self realization, education and participation.
From the other hand the lack of information and mobility frames the possibilities of youngsters to strive and develop their creativity and motivation.
However, the problem analyzes that the consortium of this project have come is the following:
– lacking of self realization tools for youth from rural areas;
– lacking of creative approach in community development;
– lacking of information on rural areas among the youth from different countries;
– low level of self employment in the area of youth aged 16-30;
– low level of international cooperation, specifically youth from rural areas;
– low motivation of youngsters to be a part of the community life and participate in community development.
The idea of the project “Though colors” has been developed during informal talks of youngsters during the activity “Media Change” in Dilijan Armenia, which took place in November 2019. It has been almost 3 years, while the volunteers of ArmActive youth center are eager to work in a rural environment using different creative tools, which would create a specific atmosphere in the village, will engage the international community as well the youngsters of the local community.
During the youth exchange partners from Armenia, Germany, Poland agreed on main elements of the project: Street Art, Rural Development, Engagement of Youth in Economical and Social growth of the community, Cultural Exchange and Creativity.
Here are the main Objectives of the Youth exchange:
– to reinforce youngsters creativity and social initiative senses;
– to develop participants skills on street art;
– to develop participants knowledge on rural and community development;
– to foster participants social entrepreneurship skills;
– to support youngsters engagement in community life;
– to support international cooperation and exchange of competences and experience;
– to support local communities with creativity and youth power.
We are planning to implement two activities in the frames of this project:
Advanced planning visit which will engage overall 12 people. We expect to have 2 participants from each member of consortium.
The profile of participants for APV is the coordinator of the project from each organization and the group leader, who will be directly involved in the implementation of the youth.
The second, main activity is going to be a Youth Exchange “Through colors – Youth Exchange on Street Art and Rural Development”. The dates of the youth exchange will be available later.
We are planning to involve 5 (4+1) participants from each participating country.
Here is the profile of the participants:
– youngsters aged 18-25 years old;
– interested in rural development;
– committed to participate in all the stages of the project – Youth exchange and follow up phases;
– ready to change the environment they live in;
– ready to experiment and learn new skills.
As we had a chance to mention already the youth exchange “Through Colors” is both “competence developing” and “Awareness raising” activity.
Implementation period: between August 2021 and March 2022 (will be awailable soon)